Thursday, April 16, 2015

Day 47: Tapping for Wellness

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity:  Work on some tapping (also called EFT/TFT) to boost positive feelings.
Do this instead of: Giving in to stress.

Tapping, aka Thought Field Therapy or the Emotional Freedom Technique, is something I first heard about a couple years back at my job (I work in a hospital). Nurses were learning to use it as an alternative pain and stress reliever for patients. Quite recently, I've begun using it myself for a variety of purposes, include reducing anxiety, banishing negative thoughts, and relieving stress-related headaches and other pain. While there are varying methods for tapping, I've found the Faster EFT method outlined above to be by far the easiest and quickest to use "on the go".  Today I'll be delving deeper and practicing tapping skills in order to improve results.

Honestly, next to getting better sleep after weeks of insomnia, tapping is the best thing I've done for giving immediate boosts when stress and negativity start building up inside me. I can tap it away in seconds, or worst case a couple of minutes takes it away enough to not let things overwhelm me. I can't say enough about how tapping is changing things for me.



Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
60 / 100


 Life in General
65 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea