Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day 201: Eat the Five Food Groups

Posted by J at 6:00 AM


Today's Positivity activity: Eat foods from all the groups in the pyramid.

Do this instead of:  Eating whatever, without thinking of the balance

Thursdays are when I post a  nutrition-related challenge, often to go along with supporting my daughter's nutrition classwork. This week it's all about the food pyramid, and she is filling out a chart each day to show what food groups she's eating from. I thought this sounded like a great idea, so today I'll be keeping track myself and doing my best to get a well-rounded intake from the pyramid.

The Results: I got most everything in, except I shorted my veggies! Which was funny because I'd been eating more of those all week until today, ha. Still, it was good to have the pyramid in mind while I was getting my intake, rather than randomly grabbing whatever (and as often happens, winding up with way too many carbs).


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100


 Life in General
70 / 100


 My Mood
80 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea