Saturday, September 19, 2015

Day 203: Clean out the Silverware Drawer

Posted by J at 6:00 AM



Today's Positivity activity: Clean out the silverware drawer.

Do this instead of: 30 minutes of random web surfing. 

Time for a little household positivity today. The silverware drawer is one of those household tasks that I tend to neglect for long periods of time. Yet periodically, I need to empty it out, organize, and clean the clean out the silverware organizer tray that somehow collects crumbs and such despite the fact that I only put clean utensils in it. (How does that happen, anyway?)

This doesn't mean spend hours polishing the silver--you can make that a priority on another day. Today, just get that drawer you yank open ten times a day nice and tidy.

A place for everything...
The Results: Success! What I enjoy about challenges like this one is that for a quick, simple amount of effort, there is a nice sense of accomplishment as the rewards. Rather than cleaning every drawer or the whole kitchen, I just tackled one drawer--the one everyone in the house uses the most. It took me about five minutes to wash out the silverware organizer and toss out a few things I no longer need. I can do additional drawers/cupboards one at a time, maybe once a week or so, and eventually work through the whole kitchen with little pain or fuss. 

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


Life in General
75 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea