Thursday, December 17, 2015

Day 292: An Apple a Day

Posted by J at 6:00 AM


Today's Positivity activity: Have an apple, either plain or prepared in a creatively healthy(er) manner.

Do this instead of:  Eating extra holiday sweets

On Thursdays I post a food and/or health related challenge. Today's involves that old saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Instead of the usual litany of seasonal sweets, I'll swap in an old standby, the loyal apple.

Apples actually do have some health properties that are worth investigating. They contain Vitamin C, helpful to boost immunity during cold and flu season. They also can help lower cholesterol, contain fiber, and help reduce tooth decay by killing bacteria and scrubbing the teeth as you chew. One study even suggested that apples contain a substance that can help ward off Alzheimer's.


The Results: I included an apple with my lunch at work. And while I suppose it doesn't exactly count, I got to have some hot apple cider when I got home!


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100 (20.00%)


 Life in General
65 / 100 (65.00%)


 My Mood
70 / 100 (70.00%)


*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea