Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 39: Paint a Picture

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity:  Paint a picture of something for the stress-relieving fun factor.
Do this instead of: 2 hrs of TV/Internet.

Let me be very clear in saying that I am in no way a painter or artist. But hey, that doesn't mean I can't play around with some of my kid's paint for the joy of it! Art is very therapeutic, assuming we let go and don't let our inner critic join in.

This was definitely fun. I didn't get fancy--I threw on a "nature sounds" video and went to town with some inexpensive acrylics. I used cheap brushes, makeup and kitchen sponges, Q-tips, and paper toweling to "paint" with. Below are the results. They may not be artistic masterpieces, but this definitely gave me a boost. The rest of the family even sat down and joined in for a bit.






Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


 Life in General
75 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea