Thursday, August 6, 2015

Day 159: Eat a Calcium-Rich Food

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Eat a calcium-rich food
Do this instead of:  Distractedly grabbing whatever my hand lands on in the cupboard.

As part of my daughter's health schoolwork, she has to keep a diary this week of the calcium-rich foods she eats. I decided to join in today and make sure I'm keeping my bones strong.

Want to increase calcium intake but have a dairy intolerance? Try other sources of calcium instead:
Canned salmon
Blackstrap molasses
Oranges
White beans
Bok Choy
Almonds
Sesame Seeds
Kale

The Results: I had a bowl of cereal with milk (Special K with strawberries!), some string cheese, and some ice cream (and it wasn't even Sunday). I feel my bones thanking me already. :)

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100


 Life in General
75 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea