Saturday, August 8, 2015

Day 161: Read a Self-Help Book

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Read a self-help book (or find a video)
Do this instead of:  Random Facebook or YouTube surfing on my breaks at work

I've had reading challenges from time to time, but today's is geared strictly to learning something that will improve my day-to-day living. I'm going to be reading The Self Esteem Companion by Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning, Carole Honeychurch, and Catharine Sutker. This was a book recommended to me by my therapist.

The Results: I sat for a while in my recliner with a scented candle reading quite a bit of this. There was some good advice about using meditation to heal and re-frame past issues, as well as addressing your inner critic.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100


 Life in General
90 / 100


 My Mood
90 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea