Sunday, August 9, 2015

Day 162: Enjoy a Hobby

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Indulge in a fun hobby
Do this instead of:  an hour or two of random web surfing

When we're caught up in the daily race, it's easy to run out of time for those extra pleasures in life. Pick up a hobby you've enjoyed and indulge in it for a while. I'm not sure which one I'll be doing, but I'm looking forward to it!

The Results: After considering several possibilities (and going through quite a busy day), I picked a rather fun but perhaps not-quite-hobbyish hobby, and that was watching period romance. I'm a fan of historicals, in film, television, and reading. Pride and Prejudice is an all-time favorite, and I eagerly await the new season of Downton Abbey when it rolls around. So I found an article recommending 25 period dramas and chose a miniseries off the list called When Calls the Heart. I really enjoyed having time to just sit and indulge a favorite pastime.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


 Life in General
80 / 100


 My Mood
80 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea