Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 176: Skip the News

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Don't read/watch the news
Do this instead of:  Filling up on depressing/shocking events of the day

Early in my positivity year, I scoured the web in search of "positive" news sources to help me frame the world stage with less stress and drama. However, I've crept back into some habits of reading news, largely because I switched over to Bing as my primary search tool, and Bing has news headlines thumbnailed across the bottom of the screen. (Something I intend to remedy by utilizing the option to hide this.) Today, I will not give into feeding negativity by checking out the bad sides of life, but instead I will focus on the positive.

The Results:  I did hide the news option in Bing and kept my eyes averted from all the FB and internet posts. It makes for a kinder, gentler day.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100


 Life in General
75 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea