Thursday, September 3, 2015

Day 187: Try a New Supplement

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Start taking a different dietary supplement from my usual vitamins.

Do this instead of:  Not

It seems like Thursdays have become the day I post a health/diet challenge. My daughter is still working on last week's fruit and veggies challenge, so this time I came up with a different one for myself. I'll be adding a simple dietary supplement to the vitamins I take daily.

The Results: I decided to start taking some Turmeric (a spice in curry), a supplement my husband has taken for a while now. It is touted to help protect the heart and brain, help with joint pain, and to ward off diabetes. My husband works out and was told by a trainer that turmeric can also aid weight loss efforts (in combination with diet and exercise). I'm not sure whether any of these claims are substantiated, and the use of supplements shouldn't take the place of proper medical treatment, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a while.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)

10 / 100


 Life in General

65 / 100
 

 My Mood

70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea