Monday, September 28, 2015

Day 212: Learn Meditation for Beginners

Posted by J at 6:00 AM


Today's Positivity activity:  It's Meditation Monday! Today's meditation comes from another new (to me) source: Cexercise Trinity's YouTube channel. Every now and then, I like to go back to a very basic, guided talk-through meditation for beginners, to help remind me of the essentials in calming and focusing the mind. It helps me reset the stage, as it were, for more directed meditations in the future. 
If you're new to the blog, or have been skipping Monday challenges because you aren't familiar with meditation, today's the day to give it a try! In just under 12 minutes, you can learn the basics and either start or end your day relaxed and refreshed.
Do This Instead of: Stressing out before work;  12 minutes of random web surfing.
The Results: There was a lot of emphasis on breathing techniques and bringing wayward thoughts into alignment by returning to breath awareness. If that is an issue for you, as it can be for me, this is a great 101 exercise. I sat down to meditate after getting fairly irritated about something that happened, and by the end of the video, I was relaxed and calm again.


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


 Life in General
65 / 100


 My Mood
70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea