Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 278: Eat a Healthy(er) Chocolate Treat

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Enjoy a chocolate treat that has been modified to be healthier.

Do this instead of:  Not.

On Thursdays I post a food and/or health related challenge. How does chocolate manage to grab a spot on this day? Chocolate, especially darker chocolate, contains antioxidants that are beneficial. And while most of the ways I consume this treat leave much to be desired in the "health" arena, my husband came up with a dessert/snack treat that eases my conscience.

He makes these chocolate-peanut butter cups (a'la Reese's) that have no added table sugar. He uses organic cocoa, organic peanut (or other nut) butter, organic coconut oil, and a splash of organic maple syrup for flavoring. Looking forward to these!

The Results: Yay! He made the treats for me and they were much appreciated. I have a photo here to show what they look like. (Then I promptly gobbled it.)


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100 (30.00%)


 Life in General
50 / 100 (50.00%)

 My Mood
65 / 100 (65.00%)



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea