Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 80: Write Positive Notes to Family and Friends

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Write brief, uplifting notes to family members and friends.
Do this instead of: 1 hr of TV.

My therapist assigned me the task of writing letters to address my guilt about past shortcomings. While I agreed this was a necessary activity to help process things, I was less than enthusiastic about steeping in so much negativity. So I came up with the idea to "balance the books" by writing positive notes this week as well. Fun memories, random thank-yous, happy hellos, etc. will be sent off to people I care about. I'm hoping this helps me brave through the difficult chore of writing about regrets.

This was a cool challenge, and since I decided to send my notes via text and Facebook I had the fun of hearing back from a few of my recipients. :)



Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
40 / 100


 Life in General
65 / 100


 My Mood
65 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea