Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Day 81: Make a "Caught You Being Positive" Jar

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Create a jar to reward positivity in our house.
Do this instead of: 1/2 hr of web patrol.

While this blog is about changing my own personal state of positivity, there are times when negative headspace affects the rest of the household. I wanted to do something to encourage a positive mindset in my daughter, and this jar caught my eye. I found this one on this mom's craft blog, but a number of similar ideas can be found on Pinterest. The purpose is to "catch" kids in good behavior and add items (marbles, etc) to the jar each time. When the jar is full, a reward is earned.

I didn't want the jar to be about being "good" so much as being positive, and I have three rules about how I want to make/implement this jar:
1. The jar will be made with items already lying around the house
2. It will focus on specific acts of positivity rather than a pile of random objects in the jar
3. The reward will be a positive activity we share in rather than the acquisition of material objects.

I used an old jar and painted some thin craft sticks ("popsicle" sticks) to write positive things on. We're then going to decide on a few fun activities to use as a reward, and we're off!


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
25 / 100


 Life in General
70 / 100


 My Mood
65 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea