Saturday, May 23, 2015

Day 84: Post Some Recent Artwork

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Mother's Day card
Today's Positivity activity: Be brave and post recent art endeavors on the blog and social nets.
Do this instead of: 1/2 hr of web patrol.

Creativity has become an important part of my positivity challenge as a stress-relieving, zen-inducing outlet. That said, one of the biggest obstacles for me has been shutting off inner criticism. I don't want those negative messages interfering with the positive benefits of creating art, but it's easier said than done. So I decided to start regularly featuring some of my efforts on this blog. By putting my work, out there for the world to see, flaws and all, I am hoping to turn off the inner monologue that suggests I have to be a professional in order to use art as a positive outlet.

Above, I hand painted the Mother's Day card I sent to my mom this year. Specifically, it was my attempt to recreate a miniature oil painting she had done when I was a child.

"The heart of the journey" is an ink drawing I made for my husband on our anniversay. "Sun and Moon" is a doodle in ink with watercolor pencil shading that was inspired by a mirror that hangs on the wall in my entry way.


The Heart of the Journey
Sun and Moon


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
15 / 100


 Life in General
65 / 100


My Mood
70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea