Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 150: Walk 10,000 Steps

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
*Today's Positivity activity: Walk 10,000 steps
Do this instead of:  Being more sedentary

*Some of you may have seen this "go live" on Saturday for a few hours...I accidentally clicked on the the wrong posting date. Apologies!

Today's challenge was my husband's suggestion when I was trying to think of ideas for this week. He has a FitBit that lets him record his steps, and there are apps that turn a smartphone into a pedometer as well. Me, I have an old fashioned pedometer that I can clip on and keep track of my activity.

Does 10,000 steps sound too daunting? Set a smaller goal for yourself--say 5,000 steps, 1,000 extra, or even a 10-minute walk--and make a goal of increasing over time. (And as with any exercise program, it's a good idea to check with your doctor when altering your activity level.)

I did it--12,468 steps today. Or rather, for 24 hrs...I had reset the pedometer late in the evening last nght and had accumulated a couple thousand prior to getting up this morning. But that still qualifies at 10k steps for the day, so I'm pleased with that.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
20 / 100


 Life in General
70 / 100


 My Mood
70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea