Sunday, September 6, 2015

Day 190: Make Someone Their Favorite Food

Posted by J at 6:00 AM


Today's Positivity activity: Prepare (or purchase) the favorite food of someone special to you.

Do this instead of:  1 hr of random web patrol.

When my husband and I were newlyweds, for his birthday that year I pulled out all the stops and prepared him a four-course feast. Steak and lobster, all the fixin's, and his favorite dessert-all from scratch. He was so touched by the effort and the delicious results that he talks about it to this day. For his birthday again this year, he wants to go to our new favorite restaurant, and I'm all for that! But I also told him I would like to prepare his favorite dessert--cheesecake. Not the usual no-bake boxed mix he's used to, but a real baked cheesecake that requires over 24 hours to prepare and "season". That, I hope, will help communicate the love and appreciation I have for him. (And the house smelling like cheesecake won't hurt either!)

So whether someone's birthday is coming up or just for no reason at all, surprise them with their favorite food/meal/treat. If you're not a cook, go ahead and grab it from the store or restaurant. It's the positive thought that counts!

The Results: 




Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)

40 / 100


 Life in General

80 / 100

 
 My Mood

85 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea