Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 192: Squeeze Away Stress

Posted by J at 6:00 AM


Today's Positivity activity: Use Theraputty as a stress-relieving aid.

Do this instead of:  Letting stress build up

I recently injured my hand in a rather silly mishap, and my doctor recommended that I use the Silly-Putty style stuff shown here for hand strengthening exercises. (I got the pink. Yay!) When I gave it a try, I found a side benefit--it wasn't only physically therapeutic to work with the putty, but it was mentally relaxing as well. So today, I'll be focusing on the stress relieving benefits of Theraputty while I'm at work. If you don't have any, you can try this out with Play-Doh, Silly Putty, a plain rubber ball, or even rice stuffed in a sock. 

The Results: This really does work for letting off a bit of excess "stress energy". I would have used it quite a bit today if my hand hadn't decided to behave rather badly. (If only I could have given it a time out!) But if you can get your hands on a rubber ball or some putty, I highly recommend this.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)

20 / 100


 Life in General

65 / 100
 

 My Mood

70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea