Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Day 193: Save for a Rainy Day

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Start tucking away a bit of cash for posterity.

Do this instead of:  Telling myself I'll start saving "next paycheck".

About two or three times per year, I try to have a serious talk with myself about how I should be saving money. I do have a tiny emergency fund, but I haven't added to it in some time. So today, I am challenging myself to tuck away a crisp bill and add some friends to the stack regularly. I can skip a latte here and an ice cream there and use the money to fatten up my piggy bank rather than myself.

The Results: I did it...tucked away a little addition to my "rainy day" fund...and I plan to add to it each month. It's a good feeling to save some pennies, even if not as many as I'd like.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


 Life in General
70 / 100


 My Mood
70 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea