Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 197: Make Homemade Ice Cream

Posted by J at 6:00 AM



Today's Positivity activity: Make your own homemade ice cream!

Do this instead of:  Having a "processed food" treat

So a while back, you may recall that I posted the Ice Cream Sunday challenge. Here's a twist on that tradition! Every summer, I try to make homemade ice cream for the family at least once. Well, summer zipped by this year and September is already upon us, but the weather's still incredibly hot--so the time has come! Using fresh ingredients leftover from recent cooking endeavors, I'll whip up a cool treat that will be fun, but healthier than the typical store bought varieties that are loaded with additives (and a good deal more sugar than I'll be using).

Making your own ice cream isn't hard at all. I have a hand-crank ice cream maker, but there are plenty of ways to make it without any special equipment. The base can be as simple as cream, milk, or coconut/soy/almond milk mixed with sugar/honey or your favorite sweetener, a splash of vanilla, and maybe a handful of nuts or finely diced (or pureed) fruit. I also like making popsicles from yogurt and pureed/chopped fruit, frozen into cubes. Google Homemade Ice Cream Recipes and have fun!!

I heart my ice cream maker!
The Results: I surprised my household with a simple vanilla ice cream prepared with a few nice fresh ingredients. The family was quite happy! (So was my tummy.)



Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)

40 / 100
 Life in General


70 / 100

 My Mood

80 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea