Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day 207: Back Up Your Files

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Backup computer, manuscript, and blog files.

Do this instead of: 30 minutes of Facebook patrol. 

Backing up files is one of those "mantra" tasks that we hear about and know we should do, but often forget. Granted, there are backup services that can handle some of this automatically, but I like to have a couple  different backups--AND I like to have a backup of my blog archives and templates as well, which must be done manually. That said, I'm notoriously bad about remembering to back up files. Today I've decided to institute a new habit--Wednesdays will be the day I do routine backups and computer TLC.  

The Results: Done! I backed up important files, including my recent fiction series and my blogs, to a terabyte drive as well as the cloud. This will also be a day when I install updates, run maintenance routines and virus scans, etc.

Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
25 / 100


 Life in General
70 / 100


 My Mood
75 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea