Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Day 214: Sort That Box of Photos

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Sort that box of photos you've been meaning to organize.

Do this instead of:  60 minutes of random Facebook patrol

For quite a bit longer than I care to admit, I've been meaning to go through my box of photos. It used to be a shoe box. Now I have a  large file box (sans actual folders) overflowing with pictures, along with several hanging folders full in my file cabinet. Today I'll be going through some of these and culling out many to reduce clutter. A tip I will use: for each event, save only the best few photos and discard the rest. For instance, I don't really need 10 shots of our 1989 Christmas tree or 100 of us cutting the wedding cake (shot by various guests at different angles).

This can be a daunting task, so I'll be setting a 60-minute timer on this one and doing what I can in that time. I'll repeat on other days until the task is complete.

The Results: I was surprised how quickly this went when I approached it from the viewpoint  of eliminating duplicates, dark or fuzzy shots, and simply keeping the Best of the Best. I set my timer for 60 minutes and got so close to sorting the entire box that I added an extra 3 minutes to complete the task. I'll admit I had a shaky moment when it came time to actually get rid of the huge bag of pics that didn't make the cut, but it was a good feeling to clear that clutter and make a giant stride toward organizing our treasured memories. And it only required a short chunk of my day.


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
30 / 100


 Life in General
75 / 100


 My Mood
80 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea