Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 263: Go Through One Box in Garage/Attic

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Pick one box from the garage/attic/basement storage and go through it.

Do this instead of:  1 hr of random Facebook patrol.

Seems like Wednesdays have become my day for a spot of household positivity, and something I've noticed about making this a regular habit is that putting energy toward getting the house in order is a gift that keeps on giving. I enjoy the results of my efforts far longer, and once I'm on a roll with getting things tidy, it motivates me to keep on going. Hopefully the day will come when the whole house is in reasonable shape, so that as tasks come around again they'll be much simpler  to manage.

Today's chore is something I have been putting off for a good long time. We all have that area that's stacked with storage stuff, whether it be a garage, attic, basement, or in my case, the dreaded cupboard under the stairs. Every time I open that cupboard, I get overwhelmed and close it again. No more. I've decided to break it down into small bits rather than one massive task, and today I'll begin by dealing with one small box.

The Results: I sat down after some chores today thinking I would take a break, and then I remembered I hadn't done this yet! I cleaned one area of my cupboard under the stairs, the spot  where we store plastic bags from the grocery store to reuse for garbage and such. Well, they've been getting tossed in willy nilly, and the results were rather shocking. I have before and after photos, and I confess that the before shot is not for the faint of heart.

Before: Ugh, look what happened! The bags are supposed to be stored neatly, but lately people (myself included) have been tossing them inside the cupboard because there were just so many and they were spilling over. So I tackled this one area.


After! Okay, so the storage area isn't ready to win organization awards, but it looks much neater with our leftover plastic all contained nicely. I got rid of a bag full of extra bags and other things that had crept into the pile. Now I have an inroad so I can actually get to the items farther back for the next step in getting this space in fighting shape.





Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)

35 / 100 (35.00%)


 Life in General
85 / 100 (85.00%)


 My Mood
85 / 100 (85.00%)



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea