Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 326: Clear Kitchen Counters

Posted by J at 6:00 AM
Today's Positivity activity: Clean and clear kitchen counters.
Do this instead of:  60 min of random Facebook patrol.

I try to do a household challenge on Wednesdays, and today's was inspired by Marie Kondo, who gained fame with her book The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: the Japanese Art of  Decluttering and Organizing.  Specifically, I will be zeroing in on her tips for the kitchen.

Her kitchen advice is pretty strict: NOTHING whatsoever on kitchen counters. This is to make it easier to wipe grease, crumbs, and dust from surfaces and keep small appliances, etc cleaner. Today I'll be attempting to see how much space I can clear off my counters.

The Results: This wound up taking me about 90 minutes total, as I had to clear some space in the pantry to store items from my kitchen counters. I confess that I couldn't quite cope when there was literally nothing in the kitchen. In the end, I set out one item in each corner--the toaster, can opener, and our special R2D2 cookie jar. Oh, and my spoon rests stayed as well, since I didn't like the thought of laying kitchen utensils down on the bare counter.
But all in all, not too shabby!


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
45 / 100 (45.00%)


 Life in General
75 / 100 (75.00%)


 My Mood
80 / 100 (80.00%)


*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea