Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 183: Have a Drive Through Pick-Me-Up

Posted by J at 6:00 AM

Today's Positivity activity: Treat myself to a little pick-me-up on the way to work.

Do this instead of:  Hanging around the house for 15 extra minutes of random web patrol

Today's idea might seem counter-intuitive after Day 117's challenge to cut back caffeine, but bear with me. My family's been out of town, and I've worked hard this week on cleaning, shopping, etc. with a bum hand (see Exhibit A) and temps soaring to 116 degrees (according to the bank I drove past Friday). I'm still feelin' the positivity, folks, but I'm tuckered out. So today I grant permission to whip through the Starbucks drive-thru (one-handed) for something tall and cool.

Exhibit A :)
The Results: I done did it--and just to make it a bit less of a calorie issue, I had a smaller size than I usually get. But it was a nice "once in a while" treat to take along to work on a hot day.


Daily Positivity Levels (updated at the end of the day)*

Positivity Boost (from today's activity)
25 / 100


 Life in General
50 / 100


 My Mood
65 / 100



*See sidebar on the left for an explanation of the meters

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Experimental Positivity Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea